Embracelet asked us to:
- coach their spokespeople
- fine-tune the messaging of their founder story and ‘embracelet’ product
- manage their media relations
What we did.
Twenty motivated entrepreneurs, a dream and a prototype proved to be more than adequate elements for FAMOUS Relations to forge into an engaging founder story for Uest, the start-up behind the innovative Embracelet smartwatch. The story follows the path of 20 top Flemish entrepreneurs whose visit to San Francisco sparked a desire to also create “something” of social relevance in the spirit of Silicon Valley.
Those elements, scrawled on a piece of scrap paper, were soon woven into an inspiring story of passion, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit. So we distilled the ultimate goal of the start-up, Uest (West-Flemish for “How are you?”) into the desire to bridge the generation gap via digital technology and enable people to care for one another in the best possible way. And we framed that story in the broader context in which technology is turning the care sector on its head.
FAMOUS Relations also provided strategic support for Uest NV by shaping their “story” and preparing their spokespeople for media interviews. While also taking charge of press contacts, the copywriting and distribution of a press release and staffing interviews where appropriate.
And to add even more punch to the story, we used a handful of “testimonials” from seniors on the test panel.
What we got.
- Broad visibility in national and regional press: VTM Nieuws, VRT (Het Journaal, De Vrije Markt), Radio 2 (De Madammen), Q-Music, Kanaal Z (Z-Nieuws, Z-Expert), TV Limburg, Het Laatste Nieuws, Het Nieuwsblad, De Tijd, De Morgen, De Standaard, L’Echo, La Libre, Le Soir, Het Belang van Limburg, Gazet van Antwerpen, Newsmonkey, ZDnet, DataNews, Kerk&Leven,… all took up the Embracelet story.
- Following the official announcement of the initiative in March, the start-up was flooded with positive reactions. And in just one week, the company received 100 pre-orders. “A success well beyond our expectations!” confirmed CEO Johan De Geyter. “We had hoped to reach the figure of 100 orders by the summer. We achieved that target after just one week!”
- The press results prompted a number of major investors to step forward for a second capital round.
- With the announcement of the capital increase and Marc Coucke as a shareholder, the ‘Embracelet’ became a trending topic on Twitter.
- The “founder story” was immortalised in the hardcover “Nieuwe Tijden: de gezondheidsrevolutie” (“New Times: The healthcare revolution”) published by the business newspaper De Tijd.